Sunday, June 29, 2008

Working on the weekends...

Bartending at the restaurant was supposed to be a two week thing, but it has now been over a year. There are nights when I want to quit and I get really pissed off, but it all comes down to one reason that I don't. Its not the money, I don't need the money but I do admit the cash is nice. Its because I have met some of the most wonderful people by working at this place. I have a NY set of parents, Jay and Marilyn, that may just be the most wonderfully caring people I have ever met in my life. They truly care about me, but more important, they care about my family. Mike and Catherine have become great friends to me and Dylan, and anyone who is married knows how hard it is to find a "couple" friend that you both enjoy spending time with. Anne and Joe always brighten up my evening. Tom, Sandra, and Dave make me laugh. Jeanne is always a positive addition to any night, with her sense of calm. When she listens to you, she truly listens to everything you are saying. Between John and Tara, Ray, Gary and Bernard, and all my other friends, this restaurant has become quite the blessing.

No comments: